The buffalo chicken salad is a tasty meal-sized salad that is mildly spicy, pleasantly creamy, and packed with fresh vegetables. You’ll be cooking this salad frequently since it has grilled chicken and High On Chicken buffalo sauce, which adds a kick to this dish and a mildly smoky flavor, and the buffalo salad dressing is so good. To enjoy the grilled buffalo chicken salad for supper and take the leftovers for lunch the next day, everything can be prepared in advance and combined when you’re ready to serve.
Prep time: 10-15 min
Serve for: 1-2
For the Chicken:
- 1 cup High On Chicken Buffalo sauce
- Two tablespoons of honey
- One lime’s juice
- One teaspoon of Garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper freshly ground
- 500 grams of Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- One tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
For the dressing:
- Half a cup of mayonnaise
- 5 cups of sour cream
- Half a cup of buttermilk
- Two minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 finely cut parsley
- Two tablespoons of freshly chopped chives and dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
For the salad:
- a pinch of cayenne
- 4 cups Chopped romaine lettuce
- 2cups spinach
- Two cut celery stalks
- One carrot, matchstick-sized
- 1 Persian cucumber, half-moon-shaped
- One sliced avocado
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- Half a cup of cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- Combine the Buffalo Sauce , honey, lime juice, garlic powder, and onion powders in a big-sized bowl.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Set aside ⅓ cup of the marinade
- Chicken is added to the leftover marinade, and it is coated.
- Keep the marinade for 30 minutes.
- Then cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to two hours.
- Heat oil in a big skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet after removing chicken from marinade and letting as much marinade run off as possible.
- Cook for 6 minutes or until golden; flip the chicken over and then baste with the remaining marinade.
- Cook for another 6 to 8 minutes, or its color changes.
- After the chicken is cooked, place it on a cutting board.
- Sit for five minutes, and then cut into strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk.
- Add garlic cloves, parsley, freshly chopped chives, dill, kosher salt, black pepper, and onion powder ingredients and stir until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Romaine, spinach, celery, carrots, cucumber, avocado, red onion, tomatoes, and blue cheese crumbles should all be combined in a big bowl.
- Then, right before serving, sprinkle on the dressing and High On Chicken buffalo sauce, and add the chicken.
Occasions when you can make Buffalo Chicken Chili
If you are on a diet, this buffalo chicken salad is a treat for your taste buds. You can make it once, store it in your refrigerator, and have it whenever you like by just heating it in the oven for 2-3 minutes. It’s super healthy as it contains veggies and chicken, a good protein and fiber source. The dressing we used in this salad will keep you hooked for a very long time, and it is a savior of bland and boring diet ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is buffalo salad made of?
To provide a crunchy, vibrant basis for hot buffalo chicken, crunchy romaine lettuce, shredded red cabbage, celery, and carrots are combined. Pour some creamy garnish. The foundation salad and boneless chicken breast pair superbly with diced avocado and blue cheese.
- What makes this buffalo chicken salad the best?
Romaine, arugula, and parsley combination are excellent. Use crunchy romaine, baby arugula, and chopped flat-leaf parsley to improve the salad and add flavor. The chicken breasts are marinated in a very straightforward mixture of High On Chicken buffalo sauce and some spices. Then grill this chicken breast while adding some buffalo sauce, making it more flavourful. With the sharp buttermilk blue dressing, the combo is exactly right.
- How to make a healthy buffalo chicken salad?
Just change the dressing to transform this into a healthy buffalo chicken salad! Lean chicken breasts and fresh veggies make up the salad, already healthy and high in protein. Use low-fat ingredients and modify the buttermilk blue cheese recipe.
- Can I omit blue cheese from the dressing?
A perfect pairing would be blue cheese and buffalo chicken. Buffalo sauce’s vinegary, spicy heat is countered by the blue cheese’s creamy, tangy flavor. You can use feta cheese or any cheese of your choice instead of blue cheese if you don’t like it.