If you are cleaning an Olivia Burton watch or any other luxury watch at home for the first time, there are a couple of things you must know to avoid damaging your watch while cleaning it. This article provides you with a list of do’s and don’ts for cleaning your Olivia Burton watches.
How to clean Olivia Burton watches?
Here is what you need to do while cleaning an Olivia Burton watch at home!
- Get a cleaning kit:- The next step to cleaning the watch is to prepare a toolkit with all the necessary cleaning items. It will make the job easier. You will need a soft cotton cloth to clean the watch, liquid soap, a toothbrush with soft bristles, a toothpick, and a microfiber cloth for the final wipe.
- Use a clean, damp cotton cloth for cleaning:- You just need a damp cotton cloth to clean the watch majority of the time, especially if you don’t wear it regularly. Wiping the crystal of the watch with a damp cotton cloth will help remove dirt and greasiness.
- Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the crevices:- It is difficult to clean the corners of the benefit or leather straps of the watch. You can use a toothpick or a soft toothbrush to remove dirt from the edges. However, you should avoid using the toothpick or the toothbrush on the dial.
- Polish it with a microfiber cloth after cleaning:- Once you are done removing all the dirt from the watch, you need to finally wipe it with a microfiber cloth. It will remove extra soap or moisture from the watch, and give it a polished finish.
Don’ts for cleaning Olivia Burton watches
Here is what you need to avoid while cleaning an Olivia Burton watch!
- Don’t clean the watch while wearing it:- One of the most essential tips for cleaning luxury watches is that you should never wear the watch on your wrist while cleaning it. There are two main reasons why you should avoid doing that. First, you will not be able to clean the watch properly while wearing it because it gets difficult to inspect the watch. You also won’t be able to clean the backside or the straps of the watch if it’s on your wrist. The other reason is that you won’t get a good grip while cleaning the watch if you are wearing it. This can lead to scratches on the crystal if you are using a toothbrush or toothpick to remove the dirt.
- Don’t use chemicals to clean the watch:- You should avoid using harsh chemicals like baking soda or alcohol to clean the watch. Frequent exposure to harsh chemicals can corrode the stainless steel strap and ruin the watch design. In the case of leather watches, the straps become hard and can crack. If the watch is too dirty, you can use a liquid made of handwashing soap and water to clean the watch.
- Don’t use a rough or dirty cloth to clean the watch:- The fabric of the cloth with which you are cleaning the watch makes a lot of difference. Rough material can cause micro tears or small scratches on the watch, making the crystal unclear. Similarly, a dirty cloth might have some dust particles that can also cause scratches on the watch if rubbed vigorously. It is best to use a soft, clean cloth to wipe your watch.
- Don’t put the watch in water:- You should not dip your watch in water for cleaning it even if they are waterproof. Olivia Burton watches have a 50m water resistance depth range. It means that the watch cannot be worn while swimming, diving or doing other water activities. Dipping Olivia Burton watches under watch can ruin it.
- Don’t use toothpaste to clean the watch:- Many DIY watch cleaning hacks recommend using toothpaste to clean the dirt and greasiness on the strap or crystal. However, you should avoid cleaning Olivia Burton watches with toothpaste at all costs. Toothpaste contains micro-particles that can cause scratches on the watch. It can also corrode the stainless steel strap.
You should be gentle while cleaning your Olivia Burton watches and must take all necessary precautions to avoid damaging your watch. You can buy Olivia Burton India watches online.