STEM stands for science, technology, mathematics, and engineering. Stem camp kitchener is important as it mirrors every part of our lives. In the world around us, science is everywhere. In every area of our lives, technology is constantly expanding. The basic designs of roads and bridges are engineering, but it also addresses the problems of changing global weather and changing our home in an environmentally friendly manner.
- STEM Camps are fun!
- Let’s face it, it’s summer and children just want to be kids and enjoy themselves.
- While some children and even parents can at first be a little suspicious and if they want it or if it’s going to be fun, the truth is…STEM camps are a lot of fun.
- STEM camps usually combine hands-on, creative tasks and challenges with some form of outdoor exercise that breaks up the day.
- Some focus on robots and programming, like my studio, and add games and playtime in the local park, or a movie if the weather is bad that day.
- From my experience, the belief that children will not have fun is easily crushed after the first 20-30 minutes of the first day.
- Positive Association
- Doing classwork or homework is a bit of a drag for most students, and a low value arises from this.
- Ask your child if they want to do their homework in math or science and you get the “look”
- But you build a positive relationship when you change the model and introduce math or science concepts in a fun way.
- When children continue to see how STEM permeates our daily lives. This clear link will pay a dividend and the hope is that they will be more open and better yet keener to accept STEM in higher education and even professions.
- Keep their minds Powered Up.
- While children need a break during the summer, this does not mean that they need a break from learning, especially when these are the earliest years!
- Feeding new data and information to the brain will keep them bright and engaged and prepared for the fall.
- Develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- We strongly believe that problem solving and critical thinking are among the most important skills for lifelong success, if not the most important.
- Many STEM programs include activities that revolve around a task that includes solving a problem in some form or another.
- Kids get to expand their intellectual muscles through this process.
To help the United States remain a world leader, STEM education is important. If STEM education is not improved, the state will continue to fall in the math and science rankings worldwide and will not be able to maintain its global position. It is important for STEM education at school to spark an interest in students considering a STEM career. Teachers should not bear the entire responsibility of STEM education, however. Parents must also support their kids to opt for stem camp kitchener and raise understanding and interest in the benefits of STEM education at home and in school activities.